Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I am trying to set up alteration to Kindle of my wife. She

Customer Question

I am trying to set up alteration to Kindle of my wife. She ordered "Master of Petersburg"
in the normal way. Everything goes through correctly until one presses the "Buy" button. Then states credit card not correct. Well it is correct and yopu have confirmed so.
The Order Number is #D001-5059948-5398657.
Since this started I have written at least 7 letters to Amazon and had 7 replies that are virtually identical and completely no use at all. IOn extreme desperation I am writing to the help centre and trust I will have a reply withminutes as stated. The credit card is Visa ending in 8054 exp 06/19. I know it is correct because I bought a DVD "Giselle" which has already been delivered. Address is email : ************* If you need any further info please let me know and dont send me another reprint of your computer-produced letters that one cannot answer.
Yours in anticapation.
M R Woollam (Mike)
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 1 year ago.
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Amazon.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent my query to the Amazon HelpLine and it ended up being transferred to Just Answer. If you can help me fine otherwise reverse the order and charge. I am not happy that your questions seem to lead one to asking once not twice. I await your reply. Mike Woollam
Hello Mr. Woollam:
I will try to find an Expert to assist you with your Kindle issue. I'm confident one of the Experts will be able to get you up and running.
No need to reply to this message. I'll go to work right now to find someone to assist you asap.
Thank you for your patience.
Gina
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike,

This issue is usually a glitch and if you remove and add the card again, it should fix the issue.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/address/view.html

Go to your default 1-click payment method and click on Edit next to Payment Method. Delete the information and add it again for the card that you need.

Now on the Kindle, hold down the Power button for 20 seconds until it restarts. After the restart, please try ordering again.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.