Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My nook seems to have frozen up. The screen currently is a

Customer Question

My nook seems to have frozen up. The screen currently is a blank dark gray...lower left corner shows a left pointing arrow and lower right corner shows the magnifying glass. Cannot get it to do anything. It is charged.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Hi Karen,

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your nook will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Then check for normal operation.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

did that work for you?