rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service
Experience:  4 years+ experience as an Electronic technician
13842863

My kindle won't open the kindle store - the screen just

Customer Question

My kindle won't open the kindle store - the screen just remains blank. So I went to Amazon on my iPad and bought more books there but they don't show up on my kindle.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  rahul.pattnayak replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

First of all do the following steps to see if the store opens,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

And if you want to get the books to your kindle then,

From your computer of your ipad log into your amazon account.
Then go to "manage your kindle" option.
There you will see your books, from there choose the book you want in your kindle, click it and you will see a action menu and from there click "send to " or "deliver to" your kindle name will be there. Then the books will be send to your kindle.
After that sync your kindle once by going to menu and then sync.
And the books will be there.

Please reply how it goes.

Hope it helps.Please leave a positive rating before leaving.

Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem
.