Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

The screen appears to be frozen on the Home page. I have had

Customer Question

The screen appears to be frozen on the Home page. I have had the Kindle on charge for 20 hours but has not gained full power.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 20 hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to hold the off button down for a minute or so.
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No Thank you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for it to take effect.

If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Let me know if the problem persists, and I'll advise further if needed.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this?