Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Dear Pearl: Since yesterday. I activated by mistake the

Customer Question

Dear Pearl:
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since yesterday. I activated by mistake the "voice function" and the device does not respond to my instructions.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just read what Aric advised to a different customer: press the power button on the KINDLE for full 40 seconds; although I am not sure we are talking about the same problem...
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This is a KINDLE kids I was trying to set up. It has been working perfectly since I received it a week ago. I got it for my 3 years old daughter.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Which model Kindle do you have here pl

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also when you tried the reset, did you wait a full minute without pressing any other buttons to see if the screen would flash and reboot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the so called Kindle Kids, which is basically a 7 inches Amazon Fire tablet.
I waited the full minute and the screen flashed and reboot. The problem is that the voice tells me "unlock button". I press the lock button and nothing happens, no matter how many times I do it...
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay taking a look now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to swipe down form the top and get access to either "Settings" or "More" from the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The voice just tells me what seems to be the letter which corresponds to the place I am swiping: k, c, o, ...
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, Okay according to Amazon the two possible reboots would be the press and hold the power button or to bring down the Settings MENU. Looking deeper into this now....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I use two fingers, the Quick Settings screen appears with the round wheel icon for "Settings". But if I press it nothing happens: just the voice which says "Settings"
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I've got nothing on this one. I will opt out and open the question up to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I will wait for what the other expert(s) have to say.