Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My new kindle paperwhite has startup instructions in German

Customer Question

my new kindle paperwhite has startup instructions in German
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars at top of the page thanks again)

Regards

Anthony

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The Kindle being in a different language re

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The Kindle being in a different language requires the device be changed to English manually in the device MENU. Since you cannot see what the options are (or interpret them likely as it's in another language), the it would be worth viewing the video at the link below and follow the instructions the person posts to see how to change it back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaHtr243Prs

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.