E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I am connected to the wifi but am unable to see any of my

Customer Question
books. I have bought 3...
I am connected to the wifi but am unable to see any of my books. I have bought 3 books and none of them are there.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
6/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dianne.

Is this for a kindle? Nook? Ipad?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a Kindle. I received an email a while ago to do an update and since then, apart from the Kindle instructions book there are no books on the kindle. I bought a book through Amazon about a month ago and it didn't download. I'm presuming that my registration is lost but can't see on my kindle anywhere on the drop down menu that I have where I can go to set it up again. Cheers

It should stay registered, go in kindle menu under Device, About, or Registration and it should show your email address. If so, you're registered.

If you are, then go to the home screen, then look under the CLOUD library. Does your book show there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dan, that's the problem, the drop down menu I get, doesn't have device, about or registration on it. Cheers

Do you have a help function in the menu?

You may have to go into SETTINGS first to see these options.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dan, No I don't have a help functions in the menu. Co incidently I have plugged my kindle into my computer to charge while I talk with you and a window has come up on the computer with all my books on it but not the 3 I have bought. So new question How do I get them onto the kindle? :)

This is Nathan, not dan.

Did you actually update the kindle yet (software update)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oops sorry Nathan. Yes, I did the update and it was after that, that all this happened. Not immediately though. Cheers

Okay thank you for confirming.

Which update did you do (which version)? Often more than 1 update is necessary, they have to be done in steps, so you may have more to go.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pass I don't know, they emailed me with all the instructions and I followed. It was easy. They told me if I didn't do the update I wouldn't be able to do anything any more.

If you look in the settings in the menu, under device or about, it should show the current version there. What do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thats the problem the is no settings in the menu box. All i have in the menu box is:
Turn off wireless
shop in the kindle store
book description
landscape mode
Sync to furthest page read
add book mark
view notes and marks
reading progress
turn on Text to speach

Do you see a few dots, option for "more" or next page, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No there is nothing like that. Thank you for you help but I'll take to into a authorised dealer and get them to look at it for me.
Cheers

Thanks, ***** ***** need more help just let me know.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician