E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have an older kindle that I use sometimes. All of a

Customer Question
I have an older kindle...
I have an older kindle that I use sometimes. All of a sudden, when I plug it in, it does not seem to charge. The light does not come on, nor is it possible to turn the kindle on. Thanks in advance. L
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
5/22/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Aric, Technician