E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My kindle fire won't connect to my wifi network.

Customer Question
my kindle fire won't connect...
my kindle fire won't connect to my wifi network.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2016
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Are you using the Network key from the label of the ATT modem as the wifi password?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure this modem was installed yesterday
and list a wifi name and a wifi password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please help me
okay, try this please on your Kindle> Select Wi-Fi from the menu. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindledetects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next toWireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you toenter a password, select Forget. Then on your Kindle>>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on> try connecting to Wi-Fi follow these steps:Tap the Quick Settings iconSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
did that work for you?
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician