info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My kindle of a few years has stopped holding the charged. I

Customer Question

My kindle of a few years has stopped holding the charged. I have been charging it for 3 days. The little light is green while plugged in, but when I swipe my finger to get to the contents, the light goes off instantly and I plug the charge into the kindle again. This is my first kindle.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.Let me know if you need more help A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank youRegardsAnthony
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Judy. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps, up to and including replacement of the battery. Nathan
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Nathan I have already answered this question?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
To the customer sorry for this their is a glitch at the site Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.Let me know if you need more helpA positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank youRegardsAnthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help with this please? Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Would you please rate the answer positively so I receive payment from the site thank you Anthony