Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle won't turn on.its one of the first ones made

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Theresa. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.Best regards, Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,it seems to happen more frequently, co have tried this three times in the old the battery need to be replaced edpast month
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Did you replace the battery yourself?It is possible that the new battery is bad, or that there was a deeper underlying hardware issue here beyond the battery. If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need help with this?