Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I HAVE A NOOK HD. it wont charge and i cant get it to turn

Customer Question

I HAVE A NOOK HD. it wont charge and i cant get it to turn on. i bought another charger, still wont do anything.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 30 full seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. Do not press anything else during that minute. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times. If there is still no response (screen does not light up, etc.) then please reply back with how long you've owned the Nook for and we can proceed. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive had the nook for six years. please help, i love my nook, and dont want to have to purchase another one
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I gave you some instructions that should have taken a total of 18 minutes to pursue yet your reply came 8 minutes later. Since beyond those steps I outlined- the device would need to be replaced- I would suggest please trying them exactly as outlined above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried everything you mentioned, already, before toay
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Have you tried this>Hold the power key and the nook key (n key )for 10 seconds. Then try powering on.If that fails you most likely will have a Dead BatteryYou can Purchase and install a replacement battery.
Let me know the results and if any lights come on on the nook please.