Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have charged my kindle but it will not turn on.

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
li have tried that and it doesn't stay on long enough, it cuts off after a second.
Sorry, can you charge the kindle for about 30 minutes, then while charging it, press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch hard this time for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on and check.Please let me know. Thank you.
If that still does not work, it is a hardware issue; it looks like the battery is dead. How old is your kindle?In the mean time, if you need, I can show you how to read kindle books on your computer or tablet or smartphone, if you have.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.