E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Nathan - I am unable to update my credit card details on

Customer Question
Hi Nathan - I am...
Hi Nathan - I am unable to update my credit card details on my kindle.The details are correct on the amazon page.Janice
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
4/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Janice. The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue. There are a few easy steps to fix this though.First, go here:http://amzn.to/1NupYm0there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc) From there, go here:http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases. After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there. Let me know if you get stuck.Nathan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Nathan - I still cannot do the payment.How do I update the credit card details on the kindle itself- taht is where the info is incorrect.I have tried re booting the kindle.
Go into the kindle settings menu, under Account. That is where it should be.Worst case, you can deregister the kindle (from device/about section on kindle) then register it, which will restore all your payment details synced up from the amazon site.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not happy with this answer and am still unable to update settings on my kindle.How do I get refund?
We are all independent techs here, working on our own personal time. You've paid your fee to the site, not to me.The intent is for this to be a conversation, it is not always possible to give an instant fix, especially in the absence of any detailed information such as the model of the kindle, software version, etc.I would have been happy to continue on with you, but at your request I'll opt out of the question and you may cancel from the help page.Best of luck to you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Nathan - your answer"if all else fails de register the kindle" is not a satisfactory answer!
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - E-reader Tech
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will try to help you with this.You do not update the credit card details on your kindle device itself, but you just update the credit details on your Amazon account at the Amazon web page, then it will automatically sync / update on your kindle device.- Now, the reason it is not working for you is because you likely have signed in the wrong Amazon account (wrong email address) at the Amazon web page. You may have multiple Amazon accounts (multiple email addresses). Please try the following:Step 1. On your Kindle, go to menu / settings / device / account / registration, and confirm the email address it is showing there.Step 2. Then go to the website below:https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle, then make sure to sign in with the exact email address you see in Step #1 above, then you can click on Settings -> Edit Payment Method, and update your card details, then it should work.- If needed, you can also go to the Amazon website below:https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=nav_youraccount_btn, then there, click on the option "Manage Payment Options", and sign in your Amazon account (with the correct email address as shown on your kindle), then there, you can edit / change your payment information (you can delete any old card if it's there), once done, click on option "Manage 1-Click settings", and check / edit "Default Address and 1-Click Settings"Step 3. If you cannot sign in your Amazon account with the email address as shown on the kindle, then you can reset the password ***** the website below first:http://www.amazon.com/password, there, enter the email address as shown on the kindle, and continue and follow the instructions there in order to reset your Amazon account password, then try Step #2 again.Step 4. If there is still issue with using the Amazon account / email address as shown on the kindle, please click on the Amazon website below:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true, then there, select the option "Kindle eBooks", then select issue "Kindle eBooks", then select issue details "Something else". Then enter your issue, then scroll down, then select the Phone (or E-mail) option there.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician