E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Unable to find menu or icon to upgrade my kindle

Customer Question
unable to find menu or icon to upgrade my kindle
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
3/22/2016
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Can you tell me the first four characters of the Kindle's serial number? This may be on the back of the Kindle.

Then we can continue.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i find that

On early Kindles, it is on the back of the Kiindle. If not, Go to Settings and then Device Info.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
bocb

Ok, that is a Kindle Fire. It does not require the update. Only black and white screen Kindles made prior to 2012 require the critical update.

On your Kindle Fire, updates are pushed to the Kindle automatically. You don't have to do anything.

Please let me know if you need further help.

I'll be here for another hour or so.

Regards.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks

You are welcome. Please be sure to rate the service you received this evening.

It is the only way I am compensated with a percentage of your payment.

Thanks very much.

Have a great evening.
Steve

Steve G., Engineer