E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My kindle will not charge....

Customer Question
My kindle will not charge....
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ce.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried this before with no luck!

The timing here is critical, less than 20-30 seconds will not work.

Repeat the process again, several times. It may take 4-5 tries to take effect.

If no change, that points to a bad battery or other hardware fault.

The next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I really do not want to pay an additional $20 - I have repeated the reboot process - one thing is that the kindle turned off due to low battery while I was reading a book. I have tried over and over again to charge the kindle the orange lite appears, disappears from time to time a green light and when it has flashed on for a few seconds the battery isn't showing any charge including having it plug in to charge over night.

You do not need to pay more, than is an optional feature you may ignore if not wanted.

Please complete the specific steps I requested - plugging it into the computer and leaving it there for a few hours, then the remaining reset while still plugged to computer.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Technician