E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle is stuck on screen that says kindle and I am

Customer Question
unable to get it to...
my kindle is stuck on screen that says kindle and I am unable to get it to do anything else
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

it did not work

I'm sorry. Can you charge the kindle, then while charging it, press (or slide) and hold hard the Power on / off button for about 60 seconds this time, then turn it back on and check.

Does the screen still say kindle only? Does it show anything else?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

it says kindle and there is person sitting under tree reading

What's the model of your kindle? Does it have touch screen? How old is it?

it is a touch screen and I just received it as gift in December 2015

I'm sorry that your kindle hardware got bad; it's a hardware issue in this case, but don't worry, Amazon will repair / replace it under warranty for you. Please click on the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

, and submit the issue there.

In the mean time, do you have a computer or a tablet or smartphone? If yes, do you know how to read your kindle books on it?