E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can not get the update to download on my Kindle Keyboard…

Customer Question
I can not get the...
I can not get the update to download on my Kindle Keyboard
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
3/6/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dolly.

That is not how the upgrade process works, it is not automatic.

The Sync function is only used to download books over wifi.

What you have to do to update the kindle software is much different.

The process depends on which version you have, as several updates may be needed: http://amzn.to/1noswuG

Click above for the update files. Determine which model kindle you have, and what software version you have.

Click on the next level updates to download, then each download will, sequentially, need to be installed. To install you drag/drop the downloaded update file to the root (main) directory of the kindle "drive" while it is connected to usb. Do not put it in a folder.

The manual update process is detailed here: http://amzn.to/1TieOYr

Let me know if you get stuck, and I can help to do it for you remotely.

Best regards,

Did you need more help with this, Dolly?