E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Will not open to books...just makes the circling under WHAT…

Customer Question
Will not open to books...just...
Will not open to books...just makes the circling under WHAT TO READ NEXT and nothing happens...trying to empty battery by leaving on but it has been a week and battery capacity has not changed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
2/29/2016
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, please let me know the model of your ereader device.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

I did that but no change. It is a Simple Touch about five years old.

I'm sorry. Can you please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the "n" button for about 25 seconds, and check? If needed, press the Power button to turn on.

No improvement

Sorry, when you did the last suggestion, did you see the nook being turning off / turning back on? Please try:

1. Press and hold the Power button to power off.

2. Press and hold Power button again to power on.

3. Then as soon as the screen flashes, press and hold both the left and right lower buttons (the page down turn buttons) in front of the nook; keep holding them down for several seconds until the screen flashes with a message to do a factory reset / system wipe
4. Press the Home "n" button twice to confirm.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Does not turn completely off...does turn back on but pressing side buttons does not help...no reset notice...just goes to Unlock your nook...then same ole circling

I'm sorry. Please see if you can reset another way with the method at

http://theneum.com/blog/restoring-rooted-nook-simple-touch/

If that does not work, please click on the touchscreen; more details:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/nook-simple-touch-solution-to-unresponsive-touchscreen/comment-page-1/

If that still does not work, please do the software update:

http://nook.barnesandnoble.com/u/Software-Updates-NOOK-Simple-Touch/379003175#

Please let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Cannot do first solution because nook will not shut down. Tried second, no go. Third is beyond me. Not happy...have to buy a new one. Thanks anyway.

I'm really sorry; I think I've tried everything; it's an old model; it's hardware issue.

For now, you can read your Nook books in the Nook app on a tablet or smartphone if you have.

I recommend to get a kindle ereader.

Do you have any other electronics or computer question / issue I can help with today? Thank you very much for your patience.

Since you provided no solution, I have no obligation to pay?

I'm sorry, I think I tried my best, ***** *****'s a hardware issue. No, you don't have to pay me; we are canceling your deposit per your request. If you need anything else, please come back any time. Thank you.