Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I have a keyboard reader which I have used my books. I also

Customer Question

I have a keyboard reader which I have used for all my books. I also have a Fire which I don't want to read books on. Recently purchased some books and they went directly to the Fire. I have tried to y\transfer but cant do it? How can I change this.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Amazon adds devices to your account in the order in which you add them or register them. That means that unless you changed it, your kindle fire will be default.

To do that, go to your Amazon.com and login if needed. Once signed in, mouse over the Your Accountdropdown button near the top right corner of the page, and click on the "Manage your content and devices" link in the menu.

On the next screen, click on the Your Devices tab in the middle. This will load the list of all devices and Kindle apps currently associated with your account. Click on the one you want to set as the default for delivery and purchases.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried this and it looks like it works but nothing shows up on my reader. The reader works fine reading the books I have on it but something is lost in the transferring from one reader to the other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not fixed. I had already tried all your recommendations.

okay, try this next please>

on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• try connecting to Wi-Fi
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
  • Then To sync all content: With wireless connected, swipe down from the top of the screen to showQuick Settings, and then tap Sync.