E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle won't turn on though I think it is fully charged.

Customer Question
What should I do to...
my kindle won't turn on though I think it is fully charged. What should I do to read my book?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
2/21/2016
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

OK I see you have gone some way to reset the kindle however please follow the procedure below

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page thank you

Regards

Anthony

the light will stay on for only five seconds. What now?

Please put the kindle on the charger for 40 mins then try again with the above procedure