Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I have a Kindle. The font in the games is evidently set at

Customer Question

I have a Kindle. The font in the games is evidently set at the largest size and I can not change it. I have changed the font on the books and then shut the Kindle down and it still does not change the Game fonts. Can you help?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please Dorene, which games you are having the issue with?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every work: Crossings; Thread words; Jigsaw words volume 2; mahjong solitaire; Jigsaw works
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, to be sure, on your Kindle previously it was a smaller font?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and tell me if its still too large.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not fix it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** games your playing via the web browser or via apps on the Kindle Dorene?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apps on the Kindle
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, and if you Tap the screen and when you see a menu on the lower level of the screen tap Aa. Then change the font there it has no effect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - I can only do this if I am in a book
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, just making sure.

If you in the game pinch your fingers on the screen, so slide them together in a pinching motion, does this change the size for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then the Firmware has crashed and we will need to reinstall this.

this is going to wipe all data and return the Kindle to new, but once you register it again your books will be available.

Games you will have to reinstall, but this cannot be avoided.

To do this

To reset your Fire tablet: Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Tap Reset to confirm.

Once done, setup the Kindle like when you first received it and the games will then appear normal again once installed.

Let me know please how you go