E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Amazon says the books I have recently ordered have

Customer Question
downloaded to my kindle -...
amazon says the books I have recently ordered have downloaded to my kindle - which they have not...they are on my ipad and iphone. Cannot connect to wifi - constantly scanning for networks and showing none - all other devices in the house are working fine on wifi and tech support says must be hardward issue....thoughts on how to fix?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
2/14/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jane.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.