E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I downloaded a kindle book from Amazon into Amazon Kindle.

Customer Question
When I tried to read...
I downloaded a kindle book from Amazon into Amazon Kindle. When I tried to read the book, I got a message that it was an invalid item and that it should be removed from the device and it had to be downloaded again. How do I do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Amazon Kindle is on my Nook
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Try this first, pres and hold the power button on yoir nook for 20 seconds, thrn power back on and try reading the book. If that fails tty this next....To get the book out of the Kindle App, tap the “Actions” button once more. This time, a
menu will appear and will say, “Delete from device.” Tap this. Open your Kindle App and
tap the sync button (lower right hand corner). The book should disappear from within your
Kindle App. If it does not, you can hold your finger for a few seconds on the book. A menu
should appear that says “Remove from device.” Tap this, and the book should disappear.

Then try downloading again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the action button?

Go into your Amazon account at Amazon.com and tap on “Manage my Kindle.” You will see a list of things within your Kindle App. Your Library book will be listed there” To the right, you will see an “Actions” button. By tapping the button, a menu will appear. On this menu you will see delete, Tap it. Then redownload.

Then on the kindle app, If you do not see your book within the Kindle App, look to the upper right hand corner of the App. You should see a half circle with an arrow on it in shaded grey. This is the sync button. Tap it, and your book should download. Open your book by holding your finger for a few seconds on the title.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician