E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle ( five years old) went through a scan at an

Customer Question
airport and now will not...
My kindle ( five years old) went through a scan at an airport and now will not open. Has it been totally zapped
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/6/2016
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

A airport X ray scan will not damage electronic equipment so that is hardly the cause please do this>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you. there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page thank you

Regards

Anthony