E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My fire says Fastboot. Kindle fire on a black screen. It has…

Customer Question
My fire says Fastboot. Kindle...
My fire says Fastboot. Kindle fire on a black screen. It has been this way for 18 hours. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2016
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Regards

Anthony