E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can not charge my kindle, the screen with empty battery…

Customer Question
I can not charge my...
I can not charge my kindle, the screen with empty battery will not go. I several times held the on switch for 20 seconds, a green light comes on in between for s short time but when I let go nothing happens
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
1/31/2016
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Please try as described below thanks

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Regards

Anthony