E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have kindle paperwhite about two years old. Was connected…

Customer Question
I have kindle paperwhite about...
I have kindle paperwhite about two years old. Was connected to wifi, but suddenly no wifi connection at home. Cel has wifi connection. Cannot use kindle to purchase books, which is bummer. Can you offer suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
1/29/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

did above suggestion. still no wifi

Run through it a few more times (it can take 4-5 tries)

and also reboot your router/modem, by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds.

If no change, let me know if you're getting any error messages, if it is even finding any network while scanning, etc.