E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I was watching a Netflix movie last night when the charge…

Customer Question
Hello, I was watching a...
Hello, I was watching a Netflix movie last night when the charge signal came on. I plugged the kindle in to charger and the kindle seems to be frozen. Its not charging also I am not able to restart or shut off....how do I unfreeze?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
1/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jackie.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Did you need more help with this, Jackie?