E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My granddaughter was using my kindle fire last night We

Customer Question
My granddaughter was using my...
My granddaughter was using my kindle fire last night
We turned it off
When we tried to turn it back on nothing happened
I tried to recharge it but still nothing
She was playing mine craft when I turned it off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
1/17/2016
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

Hope it helps.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

hope the solution helped.

Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer.