E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Jarecke. My Kindle is 5 years old. I can't charge it. I've

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** Jarecke....
Customer: ***** ***** Jarecke. My Kindle is 5 years old. I can't charge it. I've plugged the charger in various outlets but nothing seems to work. The little light doesn't come on either. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. I've never had this trouble before. Is it the charger itself or the Kindle itself? I've plugged it in for 24 hours straight in a reliable plug-in but it still will not charge. the Kindle keeps telling me I need to recharge. I have very little, if any, time left before it shuts down completely. I always turn the Kindle completely off before I re-charge.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to E-Readers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
12/24/2015
Electronics Technician: Cory, Technician replied 1 year ago
Cory
Cory, Technician

Welcome, I am Cory.

What is the make/model of the Kindle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry to say that I don't know. It was a Christmas present five years ago. I believe that it's just a basic Kindle. I don't know where the manual is and I don't think I have enough charge on the Kindle to look it up on the actual Kindle itself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?

yes

Please press in and hold the power button/on off slider switch for 40 seconds.

This should make the Kindle reset.

Once 3 minutes has passed if it has not turned on, please try to turn it on normally and let me know if it is working.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have I done something wrong or are you just really busy. The person who purchased my Kindle is named Dennis Jarecke Jr. The original owner of this Kindle was my husband, Dennis Jarecke sr.

Did you try to reset it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has the term Critical Battery on the screen. My battery is empty. How do I reset it if I can.

Please plug it in and charge it for 15 minutes.

Once 15 minutes has passed, please keep it on the charger and press in and hold the rest button for 40 seconds.

Please let 15 more minutes pass while it charges.

Let me know if it works after this whole process.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only reset I can find is the slider on the top. To turn my Kindle on I push the slider to the right for a couple secs. and it usually turns on. I am charging my Kindle right now (again) but as I said earlier the little charging light is not working so I don't know if it's actually charging or not. Anyway I'll charge for 15 mins. and see.

yes, reset with the slider for 40 seconds after it charges 15 minutes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay. I'll let you know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well i charged my kindle for about 25 minutes and then reset by holding for 40 seconds. Nothing is working. I think it's probably due to the battery is empty and recharging isn't working. any other suggestions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is getting late so i'll say goodbye and Merry Christmas Iris Jarecke

Unfortunately, it sounds like the Kindle needs to be replaced. Because you have had it 5 years, it is still not under warranty. Don't worry, if you buy a new one, you can transfer all of your books.

I wish I had better news.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Happy Holidays!

Cory
Cory
Cory, Technician