E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Have a kindle I got last year husband 1/2 of screen black so

Customer Question
Customer: Have a kindle I...
Customer: Have a kindle I got last year for my husband 1/2 of screen black so i got him a new one. Can I transfer the books of the old one to the new and how do I do it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just want to transfer books from old one to new
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to E-Readers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
12/24/2015
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician
I am the person that will be helping you today.
Please, follow the instructions below to transfer the books to the other Kindle:
- Click the link: http://www.Amazon.com/
- Sign into your Amazon account
- Hover over the Your account button on the top right area of the page and then choose Manage Your Content and Devices
- Locate the Book that you wish to transfer. You will see a Button on the right side of that book. Click that button, choose Deliver to My
- In the new menu, choose your new Kindle from the pull down bar and click the Deliver button.
You can do that for each book that you wish to transfer.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
This will not help me. The books I have were loaded by a friend for christmas last year. So just wanted to transfer cannot manage content and devices info not there. Any other suggestions
The friend has since left area and cannot get in touch with her.

Thank you for the update. I am not aware of any way to do that legally.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Electronics Technician: Dr. Fix-It, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...
Does the old Kindle still come on?

If the books were manually loaded on the Kindle, then me be able to connect it via usb cable and transfer the content to your computer.

Otherwise if the Kindle is registered to your friend, then the content is only linked to that specific account and may not open on a Kindle not linked to the same account.

Please let me know and will do my best to further assist, thanks

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician