E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Have 3 kindles my new fire is less than a year old Have many

Customer Question
many e-books. No problems til...
have 3 kindles my new fire is less than a year old Have many many e-books. No problems til yesterday now it wants me to put in my pin! Have NEVER HAD ONE. need to either delete this request or somehow get one, enter & save. Love my E-B00ks just want to read not be a Tech
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
11/20/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me the exact message you are seeing?
Is it asking for your amazon account password?
For your wifi pin/password?
Or something else?

I do have Amazon password ***** the only issue is they want a pin . Can you just assign me a pin my kindle will like? I only buy books & get from Iowa lending library--no games & misc stuff just want to read. Am 82 eyes better than average but hearing sucks. Can't do closed caption on T V I really WANT MY KINDLE We try a call so I'm going to hit send & call me. Try to talk a little slower than you normally do Thanks no call already spent 28 on just call phone here's your ans tap here & everything went away HUH!!!!
screen is frozen without non exsistant pin

Unfortunately no, it doesn't work that way, I can't assign you a pin.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch. It is also possible that someone accidentally set a passcode/pin that will be required to turn the kindle on.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Did all steps Only my first reader had the slide & hold feacher 1 shut down 2 waited &. Then held on button Amazon icon came. No tree not fixed wants PIN

You only have to do it on the one asking for the pin, and that one you'd just press and hold down.

If no change, then it appears it was secured with a security pin and won't open without it.

What we will have to do is use the override pin, which will factory reset the kindle, (you'll have to reconnect to wifi and reregister after).

On the password ***** type 'resetmykindle' without the quotations as the password. This will reset the device to factory, however Amazon saves all of your purchases so that you don't lose them. Simply reregister the Kindle with the same username and password ***** before.

If that doesn't work, try to enter this number:###-##-####

Next. Are the same company I paid $28 I think so what can I do now? Blizzard on way so if I need to have my"stuff uploaded or whatever. Don't know why I brought it up. I know nothing!

I do not understand your last comment/question.

Yes, $28 is the fee you paid to post that question here.

I'm assuming the reset process worked and the pin request is gone?
If so, you need to follow through the initial setup prompts on the kindle screen to connect to your wifi and then register it to your amazon account again, and your books will download automatically.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgwli

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

No it did not work/my response is you were very precise on what to do & didn't treat me like an idiot. When snow stops I'll take it in for a factory overhaul or replacement
Your service was excellent are no u

Oh I'm sorry that didn't work, I misunderstood.

When you have a moment, I'd appreciate if you'll complete the rating process (stars) as that is the only way the site credits me for my time working with you.

Nathan, Technician