Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle was a gift and registered under their

Customer Question

My kindle was a gift and registered under their name/password. I need to register it under my account and password ***** I have at Amazon.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are 2 ways to do this:

1) preferably, ask the gifter to go into their amazon account online, click on http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ , click on Devices, choose the gifted kindle, then Deregister.

This disconnects the kindle from their account, so you can then register it to yours.

2) Go into the kindle settings menu, under Account/registration, and choose deregister.

That clears all settings from the kindle, and allows you to enter your own registration information.