I am assuming that the lock is due to a faulted application or a forgotten password.
The Nook can be unresponsive like this, but it is easily fixed.
Please, do the following to fix this problem:
- Plug the Nook into it's charger and charge for at least 5 minutes
- Press the Power button on the Nook for 30 seconds or until it turns off
- Wait 1 minute
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds again
- Wait 3 minutes for the Nook to boot up.
If that does not help or you need to reset your password, you can do the following to reset your Nook. It will erase everything on it, but will allow you to reconfigure it as you did when you first purchased it.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Nook:
- Turn the Nook off (press the power button for 5 seconds)
- Hold down the Home key (The Nook 'n' logo below the screen) while at the same time pressing the power button. Hold both down for 30 seconds.
- Once you finally see a screen that says "Factory Reset", let go of the buttons.
- Press the Home key
- Press the Home key again
- Now it will clear and allow you to start off fresh without a password.
I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.
Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.