E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

When ordering a book the download freezes on processing. I

Customer Question
dont know what to do...
when ordering a book the download freezes on processing. I dont know what to do to fix the processing jam. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
11/1/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

I have a nook not a kin dle and I gave the wrong phone number. the number is(###) ###-####
wrong number again. old age is setting in. My no, is(###) ###-#### *****!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

I wont get an answer tonight?
Electronics Technician: Dr. Fix-It, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

Have you tried a basic reset and restart yet?

On your Nook ereader / tablet, please press and hold the power button down for a full 30 seconds. . . only then release the power button.

Wait a few more seconds, next can momentarily press the power button again for 2 seconds to turn on your Nook ereader / tablet and can re-try loading your new content.

Also are you having any issue on any other wireless device like on a laptop computer accessing the internet?

If the basic reset does not clear the Nook issue and all other devices are working properly, can then try a full reset of the Nook to restore to factory like new:

Hold the Power button and the Home button ('n') simultaneously.

Release the Power and 'n' Home buttons after few seconds.

Choose to continue or exit. Your Nook's screen may blink before displaying a message asking whether you want to reset your device to the factory default settings. Press Power to exit, or press 'n' Home to continue

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician