Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My kindle fire is stuck It has a rectangular which looks

Customer Question

My kindle fire is stuck It has a rectangular which looks like a battery with a red lineon the end I thought it was charging but 7 hours later it is still stuck I am devasted all my precious books are in there PLEASE HELP
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note: you may have to repeat this process (be sure to use the POWER button and not the volume or other buttons) 4-5 times for the reset to take effect.
Even in a worst case scenario your books will not be lost, but we may need to do a few more things with the kindle after this first attempt.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgwli

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,