Have you tried to press and hold the Power On / Off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?
- If that does not work, it's not a battery issue since you still see the light; the kindle systemboard is bad, and they don't repair this old kindle model any more. Your kindle is a few years old or so; like any other electronics device, some lasts longer than others.
- You can get the same used kindle from eBay website for cheap, or just get a new kindle at the Amazon website; it's very affordable.
- Don't worry about your books; all your books will download to your new kindle when you set it up.
- If you do not want to buy another kindle, then you can read your kindle books on another device if you have, such as on a computer or on a tablet or on a smartphone.
- For computer, you can read kindle books at the website https://read.amazon.com/
- For tablet or smartphone, you can go to Play Store app or App Store app, then there, type / search for kindle then download / install the Kindle app there, then use the Kindle app to read your kindle books.
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.