Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have a kindle model D01200 Ic9597A-0610 FCc I D ZEF-0610.

Customer Question

I have a kindle model D01200 Ic9597A-0610 FCc I D ZEF-0610. This has stopped working. It no longer opens yet has a green light. Is it a battery problem? If so, how do I replace it
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to press and hold the Power On / Off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Have you tried to press and hold the Power On / Off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

- If that does not work, it's not a battery issue since you still see the light; the kindle systemboard is bad, and they don't repair this old kindle model any more. Your kindle is a few years old or so; like any other electronics device, some lasts longer than others.

- You can get the same used kindle from eBay website for cheap, or just get a new kindle at the Amazon website; it's very affordable.

- Don't worry about your books; all your books will download to your new kindle when you set it up.

- If you do not want to buy another kindle, then you can read your kindle books on another device if you have, such as on a computer or on a tablet or on a smartphone.

- For computer, you can read kindle books at the website https://read.amazon.com/

- For tablet or smartphone, you can go to Play Store app or App Store app, then there, type / search for kindle then download / install the Kindle app there, then use the Kindle app to read your kindle books.