E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

How could i select samsung device UN46D6050 prime amazon

Customer Question
How could i select samsung...
How could i select samsung device UN46D6050 prime amazon video or movies
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
10/9/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you wanting to use amazon instant video on this tv?

If so, the short answer is that you cannot.

This is an older (2011) model tv that simply does not support amazon instant video.

This is a limitation of the tv itself. Samsung designed this model with a specific firmware version that does not include the amazon app, and it is not possible to add it at this point.

The only way it ever would work is if samsung were to release a firmware update that included the app specifically designed to run on the hardware inside this particular model.

That is not likely to happen, as once these tvs pass their initial 1 year warranty period, updates are only ever released to fix a specific flaw, never to add new features.

All 2012 and newer samsung models have the amazon app, but your model and earlier ones do not and it can't be added.

You could of course replace the tv with a new model, or you can spend $30-100 on a chromecast, roku, appletv, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost. Of these options the amazon fire tv box or stick will be the best option.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Note: I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Technician