Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  Vice President of an Electronics Repair Company
329447

Will not let me register using my current amazon account on

Customer Question

will not let me register using my current amazon account on my new fire hd 10
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

What exactly happens when you try to register the Kindle? What kind of message do you get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A WHEEL KEEPS TURNNING AND THEN IT SAYS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO AMAZON. VERIFI THE WIFI STATUS AND DEVICE DATE AND TIME AND THEN TRY AGAIN THE DATE IS CORRECT BUT THE TIME IS WRONG I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so you need to connect your Kindle to your WiFi. This has to be done so that you can use your Kindle. It can't connect to Amazon to register if it can't even get out of your house, and to do that, it needs to be connected to the internet via your WiFi router - I assume that you have one???

So, to access the Wi-Fi settings, pull the top notification bar down from the top of the screen on your Amazon Kindle Fire HD and choose Wireless from the shortcuts.

Make sure the Wi-Fi toggle is turned on and choose the network you wish to connect to - this would be YOUR network/router/WiFi name.

Enter a password ***** required and you should then connect.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IVE CONNECTED TO WIFI I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE DATE AND TIME ON MY CLOCK
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

When you connect to the internet, the date and time will be updated automatically from Amazon's servers.

If the date and time are wrong, you are not connected.