Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I forgot my wireless network

Customer Question

I forgot my wireless network
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password (and/or network name):
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no my password ***** need to select the wireless network
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The process/steps above apply either way, whether you need your network name (ssid) or password.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Look at the sticker on the side/bottom of your router, and the network name (default) should clearly be indicated there. It will be indicated as the SSID.

If you still can't find that in your devices wifi network list, it may be that the router has failed or needs to be reset (unplug power to it 60+ seconds to reboot).

If that still doesn't help, then we'll have to get into the router setup to find the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I give up
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've offered to get it for you remotely if you are unable to do so yourself.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Stepping out of the question (giving up) at this point isn't productive for either of us. You've paid your fee to the site already to correspond with me, and I'm left working for free helping you to this point. It is in both of our best interest to continue communicating to reach a resolution to your issue.