Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have lost my kindle and was wondering if there was a way

Customer Question

I have lost my kindle and was wondering if there was a way to find it or replace it with my book collection
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Which model kindle do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindle fire the first one
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, there may be an ability to find it, but it depends on some settings.

If you had the account tools (tracking) feature on the kindle enabled, and if it is currently connected to wifi, you can look up the last location of it online.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Go here:

There you should click on Devices, then on your kindle and if you see a drop down list or an option for Alarm or Find, click that

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Note that for this to work, the kindle would have to have this feature enabled in the location services menu already, it would have to be powered on, and connected to wifi.

If it is not, you can deregister the kindle from your account (on this same page), to at least prevent anyone that finds it from using your account to make purchases. If you do end up finding it, you can always restore it later.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Now when you're referring to replace it, yes you could buy a new kindle: http://amzn.to/1NDu4L5

Any new kindle you purchase, once on your wifi and registered to your existing amazon account, will automatically sync up with your existing library, and all your prior purchases will still be available to you there.