E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I download a book & open the screen is blank?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
9/8/2015
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

The problem can be a software glitch, please re-boot the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds, ignore any messages that may come up keep your finger there for 40 seconds (use a watch to time)the kindle will re-boot and re-load the operating system and all should be well, you may need to try this 3 or 4 times both with the kindle on and off the charger.

If all is well could you please rate the answer positively as this is the only way I receive credit from the site thank you

Regards

Anthony

I had already done the holding down of the on-off button of my Nook (not a Kindle). What else do you suggest?

Is there a pin hole on the side of the nook?if so please use a pin to reset the nook that way press the inside button of the pin let me know if anything changes

Anthony