Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Iam trying to register my new kindle.I have an account with

Customer Question

Iam trying to register my new kindle.I have an account with you. I cannot remember my Wi-Fi pass word. Help please
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 88 and not very understanding of routers etc. could you please fix it for me?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I'd be happy to.

I've sent a remote support offer for you, please click on that if you agree (get service or get more help button) and then I can send the remote support link to get us started.

Are you on a pc or a mac?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Do you still wish to do the remote session?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

I need your permission/acceptance to do so.