Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My Kindle is frozen on "before you go" rating page,which

Customer Question

My Kindle is frozen on "before you go" rating page,which under the" Your Rating" line it asksme to
"Update onAmazon(as Jim Donohoe" but my screen is frozen on that page. I have held the on/off button for 40 secondsas instructed but still frozen.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.\, Jim.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Note: I realize you may have done this already, but please repeat the process several more times. It can take 4-5 tries before the reset takes effect and it is also critical that you use the proper power (on/off) button, which on most models is on the bottom edge in the center. The size buttons, volume buttons, etc will not work for this.