Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I cannot turn on my kindle it wount recharge

Customer Question

i cannot turn on my kindle it wount recharge
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it. It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.Try this at least 6 times. The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have tried it 10 times
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you test the same thing with a different cable please? Some cell phones and other tablets use the same type. This will let us rule out the charger as the cause.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have tried that too
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You need to try it exactly the way I gave you. Just trying a different cable is not enough. You need to switch cables, outlets, and then once again try 6 times. If you already did it exactly that way it would be a bad sign.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What happened when you tried with a different charger following those exact steps did it do the same thing? Does the port on the Kindle feel loose?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You need to reply on this page.