Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I cannot get my nookto download a current issue of a magazine

Customer Question

I cannot get my nookto download a current issue of a magazine I have a subscription for.
The magazine shows up in my library but it will not download. It starts and then stops about 1/4 the way through the download bar.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.Note you may need to run the SYNC function, and/or select the item again to initiate the download.Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned off my nook and restarted it. Went to my home page and pressed the download bar on the magazine. The bar went one third of the way this time and stopped. Not completing the download.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was able to download a book, but the magazine that I subscribed to will not continue to download.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you please try the reboot once more, it seems we made progress with the first one.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
If that still doesn't do it, you'll want to go into your b/n account online (from computer) cancel the item/subscription, then repurchase it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned off and restarted. Magazine will not download. I received the message to go to nook.com/tablet/support
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
This is most likely a file issue with the magazine item itself, on the b/n server, not an issue with your nook.Please do the earlier step I mentioned to cancel and repurchase.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Any luck with that?