E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Why does my kiindle paperwhite need a passcode to order bo…

Customer Question
why does my kiindle paperwhite...
why does my kiindle paperwhite need a passcode to order books?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2015
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 years ago
Richard, Customer Service
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is in order to stop other people making purchases under your account, so you do not incur costs.
To confirm, is this the screen lock that stops you from actually using the Kindle? Or the request for a password ***** you try to make a purchase?