E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle is frozen. I can't turn it on or off. It is fully…

Customer Question
My kindle is frozen. I...
My kindle is frozen. I can't turn it on or off. It is fully charged. What can I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2015
Electronics Technician: AnswerManRob, Top Technician replied 3 years ago
AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Reset your reader by pressing or sliding and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Let me know if it doesn't work.
I've done that with no success
Try a deeper reset. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 30 minutes. After that AND WHILE STILL PLUGGED IN, press or slide and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After that, try using it. Let me know the approximate purchase date if it still fails to function.