E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have 2 kobo e readers purchased from WH Smith about 3 years

Customer Question
ago. i purchased a book...
i have 2 kobo e readers purchased from WH Smith about 3 years ago. i purchased a book but was unable to download it. instructed to reset each kobo which has been done but now have lost all my books and cant download the one purchased. my email address for the kobo is***@******.*** but i do not know what my password ***** ***** it has been changed since registering on kobo. on a recent trip to uk i visited the shop where the purchase was made and they were unable to help me but gave me this web address. do you have a way for me to reestablish my kobo library and make future use of the reader?
regards ***** ***** +27828826418 or***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
6/26/2015
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
It appears your using the wrong account on the Kobo.
First, on your computer as this is easiest for you, download the Kobo Desktop
https://www.kobo.com/desktop
Install it and sign in. Do you see your books there?
please wait i am downloading
no problem at all
i have tried to log in but get the message that they do not recognise the email address and password
ok, this is why you do not get your books as you are not using the correct account.
Do you recall any other email addresses that you would have used when first setting up the Kobo?
sorted. i have got into my account and opened my library which is said to be empty
ok, this is still not the correct account then, else you would have seen all your books.
i have never had another email address since 2010 so the answer has to be no.
The books you lost, exactly from where and how did you purchase these?
i purchased them in cape town over the internet/wifi
From where though?
how do i know? i chose on the net and gave my credit car details. i was sitting in cape town but have no idea how or where the books were downloaded
ok, then it was not from Kobo else they would be appearing now on your Kobo account.
It is impossible to know from where unless you recall this.
You say that if you now purchase a book on the Kobo, it will not open.
What happens when you try to open it?
the book has not downloaded for me try and open
ok, exactly how did you purchase this book?
What steps did you take?
i boot up my kobo. i go to find books. i chose the books the books i want. check my basket out. give my creit card details and the books are automatically downloaded
ok, do you see this book on the desktop version I provided you?
did you get my last message?
No sorry, can you repeat it please.
Richard, Customer Service